TimePlay Inc. is the premier innovator of entertainment products for fans, media and marketers. A privately held corporation, TimePlay promotes an entrepreneurial culture, which values innovation, creativity, and fun!
About the Job
Do you love Games? Have you ever considered all the technologies required to keep a game company working? If this is you, then you might just be the right person for the job! We’re looking for an Information Technology Manager and Demo Master who will be the go-to person to own, lead, oversee the management, strategy and execution of our IT infrastructure. You will be responsible for our HQ office in Toronto and a number of remote employees and offices. As the Demo Master you will also be responsible for managing TimePlay’s remote demos and systems, working closely with a number of groups within TimePlay. This is an opportunity to step in and lead the company through its next evolution, leverage your passion to create a rolling road map for all IT related infrastructure and services. You will be asked to conduct ongoing risk analysis that identifies and ranks risks to the network, network resources, and data. We will rely on you to incorporate formal documentation of our entire IT infrastructure and the specifics behind what that entails. You should be able to work well in ambiguity and be able to handle a wide degree of creativity and latitude to get things done.
As TimePlay’s IT Manager and Demo Master you will work with our operations and engineering teams to build, maintain and expand our IT infrastructure and work with our executive, game development and QA groups to build appropriate content playlists, maintain and manage all demo systems, schedule and assure demo material and systems are working and fully tested. You will be ready to support and to document best practices for demo system usage. Work with Development to create monitoring and workflow tools to help Demonstrations work more efficiently and guarantee reliability. This position will be responsible for training TimePlay employees on tools and techniques for successful demonstrations. Enthusiasm for solving interesting and complex problems is a MUST. The ideal candidate has a “get it done” professional attitude, and is ready to roll-up his/her sleeves to tackle difficult problems. This position requires a detail-driven person with proven experience in managing and maintaining IT infrastructure. This position requires someone with an acute attention to detail, an analytical mind, and a passion for technology and games.
Here are the top ten reasons to work at TimePlay as an IT / Demo Master:
1. Results matter!
2. We work in a fast-paced client-oriented development; our clients are the movie studios, sports leagues, teams, arenas and theatres, and other large corporations
3. You can go to a movie or a game and see your results of what you do on the Big Screen
4. Did we mention that your results are available for viewing by millions of people?!
5. Engineers are encouraged to choose the right tool for the right job
6. You work in a small team with other really smart, humbly-confident people
7. This is not your average desk job, you have an opportunity to regularly go out to solve real-time problems
8. Ongoing focus on professional development, continuous improvement, and keeping pace with emerging developments
9. Our company operates at a unique intersection of science, math, software technologies, sensors, and entertainment
10. We talk about tech, sports, music and entertainment frequently (if you’re in to that!)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company in the hottest industry that offers an exciting, challenging and dynamic work environment with tremendous career growth potential. We focus on innovation, creativity, and cutting edge technology.
● Hands-on expert in Networking and Desktop Support
● Able to Service your customers with a smile ie: be service oriented
● Maintain high quality service by assessing, developing, debugging, maintaining and enforcing organization standards for Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Operations, etc.
● Familiarity and prior hands on experience with real-time network monitoring and alerting tools, such as PRTG, Nagios, or Ganglia
● Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
● Create, implement tools to make internal teams more efficient and productive
● Identifying root causes of technical issues
● Write, read and respond to technical bug reports
● IT and Demo Project management
● Ability to work with Senior Executives
● Ability to work with various teams within the TimePlay organization
● Ability to setup computers, Wi-Fi and routers in different audio/video environments
● Ability to build Content Playlists
● Ability to document processes and procedures for proper demo usage
● Ability to communicate effectively and timely with executives
● Ability to work with partner teams to provide support for all setups
● Ability to be proactive and think through possible problems and solve them in a timely manner Requirements
● 2-3+ years of experience in IT
● Ensure proper functioning of information processing systems and oversee necessary upgrades as needed
● Strong customer support, follow-through, and interpersonal skills
● Ensure computer equipment, hardware, and software are updated and maintained in a professional manner
● Perform a wide variety of tasks including working closely with engineering, operations, facilities, creative, finance, sales and marketing
● Practical working knowledge of Amazon Web Services or similar
● Professional knowledge of networking concepts and technologies: QoS, NAT, SSL, HTTP, Firewall, routing, wifi, switching and network protocols
● Understanding of technologies such as: SAN, NAS, Fibre Channel, RAID, backup & recovery
● Scripting: BASH, Perl, Python, PHP
● Source control: SVN and Git
● Linux admin skills
● Web server skills (IIS, Apache, Tomcat)
● Back-up and disaster recovery measures
● Configure and maintain reporting and dashboard subsystems
● Highly motivated, proactive, efficient, organized, and detail oriented self-starter.
● Strong ability to scope and define project requirements.
● Ability to maintain a flexible working approach while achieving deadlines.
● Passion for technology and isn’t afraid to “do the hard stuff”
● Experience in agile development environment (Scrum certification preferred)
● Working knowledge of audio, video setups and installation
● Game or Movie industry experience a plus
● Experience with budgeting and priorities for spending
● Experience with purchasing and vendor management a plus
● Knowledge or passion for entertainment, a plus!
The ideal candidate must:
● Have strong communication skills to collaborate with internal teams to identify, produce, and deliver tasks on time
● Be able to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals and technical procedures
● Be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and engineering personnel REASONING ABILITY The ideal candidate must:
● Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions TimePlay is a privately held company that offers competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, and grant units.